Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Between Nature & Geometry



illustration for Diner journal

Martina in front of her mural at Creature Festival 2009

Martina Merlini aka P0na is a young and gifted Italian artist-illustrator from Bologna.
I really enjoy her very personal style, elegant sense of color and strong graphic compositions. 
And also her love of Constructivism! Of course I am not the only one, and Martina's  artworks, 
often featuring a combination of enigmatic animal forms and abstract geometric elements,
 have started to increasingly appear in various blogs, exhibitons, record covers, 
magazines and walls around the country.

illustration for Qbick free press magazine

Bull God 


poster and cover illustration for Edgar Ep

illustration for Link magazine 9

cover from My Awesome Mixtape's Day after day Lp

Crow

Pelican
Scafandro #2 and Scafandro

My own loop limited edition screenprint

illustration for MIAMI mag

illustration from the Vodoo series

 Catch more of Martina's creatures at her blog and flickr... 
And don't miss her interview on fashion blah blah.

2 comments:

  1. I turn to your blog when I need a lift and I want to smile and think, Indeed a pleasure. Thank you.
    All the very best, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. me encantaaa


    http://maruiturria.blogspot.com
    http://maruiturria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails