Friday, October 7, 2011

À la carte



Alexander Rodchenko, photo from Animaux à mimer, 1926

When I was a child, I spent countless magical hours making worlds out of paper...
paper dolls, playing cards, collage paper, postcards, stickers, I loved them all!
Even today, I am still very attracted to beautiful paper toys.
In this collection you'll find a few great vintage zoos
and some irresistible new entries.

 Reconstruction of Cut-outs for Noah's Ark, Madrid, 1932
from the exhibition Toys of the Avant-Garde, via Mondoblogo



Elephant animal paper cut-out toy from Billiken magazine, 1966, 

AttilioLo zoo di cartaI used to have this as a kid!

 Shigeo Fukuda's flying paper animals


Junzo Terada's Magical Menagerie




Alice Melvin's Cut Out and Make Menagerie
Forest Friends and The Yolk Folk by Mibo


Jungling by milimbo

11 comments:

  1. I love this post everything in it is so good! especially those 1932 examples. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you like it, and Patricia, thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love alice melvin's set, we have at home and well, milimbo is brilliant - I have a few surprises in store...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love alice melvin's set, we have at home and well, milimbo is brilliant - I have a few surprises in store...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of those paper animals, but specialy the Alice Melvin's set and the 1932 set !

    Oh... I create paper animals too, you know ?
    If you want to see, it's here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your comments!

    Deborah, now I am really curious.

    Patrick, I love your paper creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These paper animals toys are fantastic. Love the kangaroo and joey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your selection of works !
    it's really entertaining !

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails