Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Microcosmos



Uta Glauber, Un angolo di prato, 1968

Sorry for the lack of posts these past few days, I was away in my hometown
because my nonna died. She was 98 years old and very frail, so we knew that 
this was going to happen soon, but death always comes as a shock anyway.
On a lighter note, last Sunday Seba and I took a lovely relaxing walk 
in the sunny silent streets of Pietrasanta - a small historical Tuscan village
that has always been a center of marble sculpting and in recent years
has turned into an artsy, chic tourist destination. Take a look if you like!

 Jan Kudláček, HOLČIČKA A DÉŠT', 1974, thanks to Arthur van Kruining

Ota Janeček. To the children1963, thanks to josefskrhola


dancing elephant studio, Butterfly garden 

Christian Robinson, Hello Friend 


Dasha Larionova, thanks to Elina Ellis

Gwendal le BecUn Bois


Rose Sanderson (thanks to my anonymous reader for the tip)

D. Chaikin, Fell in love with a bird, 1989, thanks to polny_shkaf




6 comments:

  1. I'm sure that your nonna inspired you, from the macrocosmos to this microcosmos, Laura... show them beauty, poetry, just a little view...
    Thanks a lot to this family team from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your nonna -- even when they live a long time, you don't ever want them to go. My sympathy and thoughts are with you... Maral
    (PS. you and Animalarium make everybody's world so much more beautiful -- reasons to live)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your nonna. How wonderful that she lived such a long, full life. Somehow, the microcosm of insects you assembled seems to appropriate. Every little being affects everyone else. I love the last one of the little firefly. I hope you had fun on your travels to that artsy village/town. My thoughts are with you during this time of mourning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks for your loving comments... you made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I think the name of the lost artist is here :
    http://www.tangledrose.com/illustration-work-c-295_315.html

    Thank you for your beautiful blog :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails